Calgary - Full-time
The Home Care Coordinator is responsible for providing care to elders and others who require care and resources in their homes.
The Home Care Coordinator provides and coordinates individualized care and resources to elders, disabled and others so that they may continue to live in their homes and in the community.
Home Care may include transportation, house cleaning, personal hygiene, providing meals, and other health and wellness related activities.
The Home Care Coordinator is also responsible for managing and administering the Home Care Program.
The Coordinator will maintain confidential client files and budget and program information. The Coordinator will prepare and present reports and information as required. The Home Care Coordinator will manage and distribute resources effectively, and will ensure that all Home Care is provided in a caring and respectful way in keeping with all relevant policies and procedures and HomeHealth24x7 Coordinated Home Care Standards.
The Home Care Coordinator will liaise with other community
services and resources to ensure that other resources are involved, if required. The Coordinator will also provide information and education to individuals and groups in the community, as required and requested.
Failure to provide adequate services may put elders and others at risk and/or force elders to move from their homes before they are prepared to do so.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Home Care Coordinator requires knowledge of:
* client assessment
* proper home care techniques including house cleaning, feeding and personal hygiene
* appropriate Home Care interventions
* services and resources in the community
* staff and program management and evaluation
* Knowledge of all relevant legislation, policies and practices
* first aid and CPR
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
* team building skills
* supervisory skills
* analytical and problem solving skills
* decision making skills
* effective verbal and listening communications skills
* stress management skills
* time management skills
* financial management skills
* human resources management skills
* administrative skills
* strong interpersonal skills
* conflict resolution skills
* well developed organizational
* excellent communication skills
* demonstrate good decision making in dealing with safety and other medical issues
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of Day Care Worker.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
* possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
* demonstrate sound work ethics
* be consistent and fair
* be compassionate and understanding
* be flexible, adaptable and able to work effectively in a variety of settings
* respect cultural differences
* work independently with little supervision
* work effectively as a member of a team
(The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create
hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental
conditions, demands on one’s senses and metal demands.)
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue)
The Home Care Coordinator is required to safely lift and move clients, and may be required to bathe and /or clean clients. The Coordinator may be r
- Healthcare & Nurse Jobs
- Full Time
- Education: 2 Year Degree
- Experience: 4 Year(s)
- Salary Type: Annual
- Expires: 10/18/2016